Welcome to our life. We aren't sure where we are going but we love flying together. We hope you enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Superbowl and Suds

This past Sunday was Superbowl Sunday and while we were planning to have a little shindig filled with food, friends and football, we all managed to wake up feeling a little sickly. Somebody either had a fever, a headache, or a soar throat. So, instead of partying it up on a Sunday, which probably wouldn't have been so reverent, we opted to all watch the game in our PJ's while eating an easy pot roast dinner courtesy of the crock pot. It turned out to be a great day filled with lots of little laughs. Our first laugh occurred when we told the kids to go wash up for dinner. Alexis was taking longer than usual so I went to go and check on her only to find her shirt off and her upper body covered in suds. I don't know why, but I really wasn't surprised, just entertained.



Our second laugh came when Ethan decided to not just watch the Superbowl game but actually become a player in the game. He went into his room, and came out wearing shoulder pads made up of some little stuffed animals he had in his room. He was suddenly so enthusiastic about football that he couldn't help find the nerf football in the garage and pretend to tackle anything or anybody he could. Now, all I hear about is "When can I play football, Mom?" To which I reply, "Not for a few more years, dear." The reaction is anything but positive. He is literally my "little athlete."


2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea and Roger! I am excited to be able to hear more from you guys and know what is going on in your lives. Thanks for sending me this blog email. Your kids are all so cute and growing up big. My Seth would have the best time hanging out with Hunter, I think. And Julia would love to be with Alexis...if only we were neighbors...:) I will definitely check your blog often to see updates. I sure miss you, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger and Andrea, your kids are so cute! They always make me laugh. These stories are no exception. You did a beautiful job on your on your blog page. I really like the design and love the picture of the kids!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete